Here at Faviana, we are always looking for ways of making of making our meals more healthy while staying equally delicious. Today, we decided to share with you one of our favorite breakfast recipes ever: Healthy Chocolate Protein Donuts!
Donuts are by far one of our favorite sweets, however, as we all know, they are perhaps of the unhealthiest desserts there are: made of fried dough and filled with sugar and topics that usually include cream and well, more sugar. We are not saying you shouldn’t get them eventually! As we just mentioned, they are delicious treats and it’s totally fine to eat them with moderation.
But if you are looking for a little more permanent solution to your donut cravings, we suggest you take a look at our recipe for healthy chocolate protein donuts.
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup of oatmeal or almond flour
- 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tablespoon of light butter
- 3 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of Xylitol (looks and tastes like sugar, but has fewer calories and doesn’t raise blood sugar levels)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 75g of natural Greek yogurt
- Half a tablet of dark chocolate without sugar
- Rainbow sprinkles made of natural dyes (Amazon) or crushed peanuts
- To create the frosting, melt the half tablet of dark chocolate with the 3 tablespoons of peanut butter, you can do this on the stove or in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Mix the flour, protein powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in one bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, egg white, butter, yogurt, and sweetener. Once these are very well mixed, add the contents of the first bowl into the second one and mix well.
- Put the mixture into a donut pan previously greased, baked for approximately 10 minutes. Be mindful of the time or they can get somewhat dry because of the protein powder.
- Spread the chocolate frosting on top. You can add rainbow sprinkles or smashed peanut pieces.
- Every donut has 108g calories, 7g fats, 3g carbs and 8g protein (approximately). You can eat around 2 as a healthy mid-afternoon snack and enjoy the sweetness while knowing you are staying totally healthy!
These are delicious and so healthy. Each ingredient provides many benefits, and you will notice you feel filled and with more energy during the day.
We need protein in our bodies because it helps us build our muscles, bones, skin, blood and it even makes you grow healthy hair and nails. It also helps your body build and repair tissues and other important enzymes and hormones.
Hopefully, this recipe for Healthy Chocolate Protein Donuts will be helpful to you. Do you have some tips for a better diet or another favorite workout routine? Let us know by tagging us on Instagram @glamandgowns, and Faviana’s Instagram @Faviana_NY and Twitter @FavianaNY. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our Youtube channel for more fun vlogs @FavianaNYC!