Picking the right dress for your body type is hard. Girls scramble around stores looking for the perfect fit, but are they looking at the completely wrong style? Get to know what looks are best for your build and shopping will be that much easier.
- If you have a petite hourglass shape, try long, lean lines to elongate your petite frame. This will make you look taller.
- If you want to have the appearance of being taller than you are, try monochromatic looks that are simple in terms of designs and style. Try a long metallic or black dress.
- If you are a girl with an average medium hourglass body shape (you have curves but not too many) opt for form fitting designs that will show off your waist and not draw attention to other areas. But if you are going to wear the body hugging silhouette, avoid plunging necklines and keep in mind that mini is not always best.
- If you have an athletic build, it is all about long lines. Adding some accessories like a belt will make you have more of a pronounced waist. Don’t be afraid to go short to show off your long, lean legs.
- If you are petite, opt for dresses that again highlight your tiny waist, But don’t always go tight. Add some volume to your look with a tunic or some embellishments on your outfit.
Whatever your style is, dress for your body. Know your shape, know your style and know what looks best on you. Knowing what you like and what looks best on you will cut down your shopping time and allow you to feel comfortable and confident in your outfit.
Be sure to check out our brand new collection of 2012 prom dresses.